Stage and Internship
It is an internship carried out at a company, firm, or external organization. It requires:
- an academic tutor (from the Department)
- a corporate tutor (external)
Setting up an external internship
To undertake an external internship, follow the above instructions for setting up curricular internships with Cosp. In short:
- Choose the organization where you would like to undertake your internship (check internship postings or contact another organization)
- Contact an internal tutor (from the Department)
- Submit a preliminary programme to the internal tutor, with the name of the organization and the corporate tutor. NB Specify a longer internship period than scheduled (for insurance purposes)
- Fill in the internship application form (degree programme code F65), which is available in the filing cabinet in front of the course administration office. On the back of the form, you will find instructions for opening and closing an internship.
- Have the form signed by the internal tutor and the Department head
- To set up the internship, follow the link "Attivazione tirocinio curriculare" (set up a curricular internship)
- Hand in a copy of the completed and signed application form to the course administration office before the start of the internship
Profs Riccardo Bersezio and Tiziana Apuani.
When applying for an external internship with Cosp, please refer only to Profs Bersezio and Apuani
Closing an internship
- Contact your internal tutor to inform him/her that you have completed internship activities and discuss when and how to close your internship.
- Fill in, and have the corporate tutor fill in, the forms received from COSP for internship closure and assessment (almalaurea)
- Deliver the following to your internal tutor:
- the intern assessment form filled in by the corporate tutor,
- any other documents requested by your internal tutor (activity report, report samples, etc.)
- Your internal tutor will fill in the internship closing form for credit transfer and deliver the form to the course administration office.
Internal internships take place within the Department.
To undertake an internal internship, check availability of the chosen instructor, print and fill in the Internal internship application form, to be delivered to the Academic office.
At the end of the internship, deliver the Internship closing form, filled in by your internal tutor, to the same office.
Opening an internship
- Contact your internal tutor (from the Department) to agree on a programme of activities to be carried out in the Department
- Fill in the Internal internship application form (specifying the degree code, e.g. F65), which is available in the filing cabinet in front of the course administration office
- Have the form signed by the internal tutor and deliver it to the course administration office
Students regularly enrolled in the degree programme in Geological Sciences are already covered by insurance for attending the premises of the Department
Closing an internship
After completing your internship, have the internal tutor fill in the following:
- Certificate of attendance
- The internship closing form for credit transfer
The Tutor will deliver the forms to the course administration office .
Internships (whether external or internal) must be closed within one month from the date of the graduation session
For both internal and external internships, you can agree with your internal tutor to write your final thesis on the internship experience.
Please note that:
- Before starting to work on your thesis, you must close the internship.
- Internship hours will not count towards thesis work hours.
- The final paper, by definition, involves a kind of activity that is different from an internship.
An internship (or traineeship) is a training experience encompassing different options:
- Students can participate in curricular internship/work placement
- Those who have completed their study programme not more than 12 months ago can do extracurricular internships/traineeships.
The Cosp manages setup procedures for internships in public and private companies and institutions aimed at enrolled students, graduands and postgraduates.
How to find a stage opportunity
Students can either select one of the available internship positions on the University noticeboard or find an internship by themselves.
In any case they must follow procedures established by the Study and Career Guidance Centre (COSP).